The Park Hotel edifice on Gojava in Hvar was originally the palace of an old Hvar family Ivanić. In 16th century, Markantun, a respected and rich member of the family, built it on a spot where once humble bungalows existed.
It was a two story palace of grand dimensions, with a garden at the south facade and a large courtyard at the north of the dwelling. It was a baroque style palace and, considering the time it was built, numbers among the earliest baroque buildings in Hvar.
At the close of the 18 th c. the palace was inherited by the Boglić family. 1913, dr Luigi Boglić, one of its last owners who lived in it, had it enlarged and added height to it.
Following the First World War (1921), the palace was bought by Milan Čanak, an entrepreneur from Zagreb who was the owner of the Pa lace Hotel in Hvar at that time. As a caterer, he turned it into a small family hotel and named it first Villa Maca and later renamed it Park Hotel.
Park Hotel kept its role even till after the Second World War (as a part of the local hotel corporation) straight to the 60s when, considered shabby and unsuitable to the purpose, was shut down.
In 1999, the edifice and the surrounding area was bought by Boris Vukasović an entrepreneur from Kaštela. After the thorough constructing repair work, inner and outer remake of the edifice, redesigning of the gardens in front of it, Park Hotel was reopened to the public in 2006 as one of the most beautiful and the finest of its kind in Hvar.